Followers

Monday, February 15, 2010

Take In

Today was a take-in sort of day. Not the take-in-the-beautiful-weather kind of day; it was a take-in-broken-stuff-to-get-fixed sort of day. I took in the vacuum cleaner, the car and the desktop computer. I also took in three stuffed bags of plastic bags to be recycled, and a couple of bags of old clothes to a charity. My vacuum cleaners have never broken on their own; they catch the mechanical virus that goes around and breaks when at least a couple of other things break. I think the vacuum cleaner likes to have the reputation of being “The Last Straw.” It just wouldn’t be as dramatic if it broke when nothing else was broken. It doesn’t like to be the lone broken thing; it needs company.

When I took in my vacuum cleaner, the salesman showed me three other vacuum cleaners of the same make and model as mine that were brought in today. There is definitely a Eureka vacuum virus going around, if not a general mechanical virus.

Today was a take-it-or-leave-it sort of day. It was a holiday, but wasn’t anything special, since errands ate up the hours. It was not memorable, but it was nice to have the day to do the errands, instead of trying to figure out how to squeeze them around my nine or ten-hour work days.

Today was also a take-care-of-myself sort of day. I went for a run before I took all my broken things in to get fixed. It would have been so easy to put my run off, but I really wanted to take in the beauty of the day and enjoyed running in short sleeves under a cloudless beachy, blue sky. I took into consideration that if I didn’t do my run first, I would not get around to it at the end of all the errands.

That was my day. This is my blog post. Take it or leave it.

No comments: